MIT STEP offers a teacher licensing program that can be done entirely at MIT or in conjunction with courses at Wellesley College. This program licenses students to teach mathematics or science in grades 5-12. The Scheller Teacher Education Program, offered through the Department of Urban Studies and Planning, prepares MIT students to become teachers who are competent to teach in their field, willing to challenge established norms, able to bridge the boundaries among disciplines, and eager to help students develop the desire to question and explore. Click here for more info on STEP and here for more info on classes.
STEP is actively engaged in many research and development projects, designing and testing new learning technologies for use in formal and informal education. While some projects are in limited testing with partners, others are freely available for all to try and to use (some complete with curriculum and assessment). Find out more about these projects on the projects page.
Latest on Twitter
The StarLogo TNG Team
Contact us at email@example.com
StarLogo TNG is developed by the MIT Scheller Teacher Education Program. The design and development team has included:
- Lead StarLogo TNG Designers
- Eric Klopfer and Andrew Begel
- Lead StarLogo TNG Developers
- Corey McCaffrey, Daniel Wendel, Aidan Ho, Ricarose Roque, William Jacobs, David Blau, Adam Rosenfield, Viknash Samy, David Greenspan, Linda Ye, Joshua Thorp
- StarLogo TNG Developers
- Radu Berinde, Aleksander Zlateski, Brett Warne, David Greenberg, John Jackman, Lawrie Gibson, Mike Matczynski, Mike Lin, Jane Lanyue, Lauren Clement, Peter Nga, Michael D'Ambrosio,YaaLirng Tu, Xudan Lily Liu, Dennis Ramdass, Xuancheng Shao
- Based on Designs By
- Priscilla DelCastillo and Saeed Arida
- With Additional Help From
- Elizabeth Kim, Han Xu, Robert Crowell, Anson Tsai, Chester Tse,
- Projects Developed by
- Eric Rosenbaum, David Mendiola and Bianca Farrell
- 3-D Models Developed by
- Colin Greenhill and David Blau
- Curricula Developed by
- Hal Scheintaub and Wendy Huang
- With Support From
- The MIT Scheller Teacher Education Program and The National Science Foundation
- Thanks To
- Mitchel Resnick for his support and previous work on StarLogo
StarLogoTNG License v1.0 Developed by MIT Scheller Teacher Education Program, Cambridge,Massachusetts, with support from MIT and the National ScienceFoundation. Permission to use, copy, or modify this software and itsdocumentation for education and research purposes only and without feeis hereby granted, provided that this copyright notice and the originalauthors' names appear on all copies and supporting documentation. Ifindividual files are separated from this distribution directorystructure, this copyright notice must be included. For any other usesof this software, in original or modified form, including but notlimited to distribution in whole or in part, specific prior permissionmust be obtained from MIT. This programs shall not be used, rewritten,or adapted as the basis of a commercial software or hardware productwithout first obtaining appropriate licenses from MIT. MIT makes norepresentations about the suitability of this software for any purpose.It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. Copyright2006 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. All rights reserved.
JOGL and JInput are distributed under the Berkeley Software Distribution License (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.html)
Allof the 3D models are permissible under our license to the best of ourknowledge. If you find a model that is not permissible, please let usknow (firstname.lastname@example.org).
JFreeChart is distributed under the GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (http://www.jfree.org/lgpl.php)Version 2.1, February 1999 Copyright (C) 1991, 1999 Free SoftwareFoundation, Inc. 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA